Do these things to get through any situation!
I consider myself to be a positive and cheerful person, most of the time anyway. Things however are never always happy go lucky all of the time. For me I try and stay focused on my tasks ahead and I was thinking about how to deal with a situation I was faced. I wrote down a few steps that I take when I feel like I am stuck, if something is not going the way I had planned or just things that I practice.
- Analyze: Try to take a step back from whatever situation you are in. Try to look at it from all angles and see if you can do something differently or if you need to walk away from the project all together. That can require an enormous strength in itself.
- Personal time: I have written about this in an earlier blogpost and I still stick to it. I set my alarm an hour before I have to leave my house for work but if not an hour then give yourself 15 minutes. It gives me time and space for myself and it is absolutely my favorite time of the day.
- Set goals: If I have a task that seems impossible or too big to handle, I chop them down into smaller goals and mini tasks. I write them down on a piece of paper and each time I finish a task I tick it of the list. It makes me feel like I am one step closer to the finish line.
- Stop Comparing: Stop comparing yourself with others. We are all so different with different set of goals , thank god. You can look up to others with qualities that you admire but remember you have your own set of qualities, potential and goals.
- Forgive: I am still working hard on this one. It is important to forgive yourself in order to move on from what ever that might be. I struggle here and I can be my worst enemy, but I am conscious about it and it is a work in progress.
These are just a few things that I wanted to share with you guys – hope it can be useful for some of you.
Have a wonderful day
January 03, 2018
December 18, 2017
December 14, 2017